The full cast of Disney’s animated classic – The Lion King (the remake) has been revealed and yes John Kani is part of it.
And something we didn’t expect, Beyonce is also part of the cast.
The Lion King welcomes
– Donald Glover as future king Simba
– Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Simba’s friend-turned-love interest Nala,
– James Earl Jones as Simba’s wise and loving father, Mufasa, reprising his iconic performance from Disney’s 1994 animated classic
– Chiwetel Ejiofor was called on to portray Simba’s villainous uncle Scar,
– Alfre Woodard portrays Simba’s no-nonsense mother, Sarabi.
– JD McCrary fills the shoes of Young Simba, a confident cub who can’t wait to be king,
– Shahadi Wright Joseph brings tough cub Young Nala to life.
– John Kani was cast as the wise baboon Rafiki,
– John Oliver was tapped as hornbill Zazu, Mufasa’s loyal confidant
Those are massive names which made it to the cast. The Lion King will arrive on our screens late 2018.
Aproko World is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache