Police Reveals Why Evans The Kidnapper Hasn’t Been Charged To Court

1
190

On Wednesday, Evans the kidnapper took the Nigerian Police force to court over the length of his detention claiming it is a violation of his human right.

Reasons were given by the police high command this morning why billionaire kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans, decided to drag the Nigeria Police to court over his continuous detention.

In the suit filed by a Lagos-based lawyer, Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans is claiming that his continued detention is an abridgement of his fundamental human rights.

It was however, gathered that the Police IRT team expected such a sharp move early enough. The police IRT, we learned had equally secured an order of the Federal High Court to detain Evans for at least three months.

The order, police sources told newsmen, was secured last week Thursday. The order covered Evans and all his gang members who have so far been arrested. They are to remain in Police custody for three months.

The source said this is to enable the Police conclude all investigations in Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa so that all those involved in the kidnapping ring run by Evans would be brought to book.

The source added: “Unfortunately for them, we can also renew the order after three months, which is what they failed to take into cognizance,” the police said. “But I am sure we will not even need up to that.

“And their running helter skelter is even helping us as they are daily making mistakes that have been further exposing them.”

Hence, it is within the confines of the law to keep a criminal of his status for as long as investigation continue.

1 COMMENT

Leave a Reply