Following the COVID19 outbreak in the country, South African Airways (SAA) has announced that it will allow its customers who have already purchased tickets ‘(1) free change’ in reservations.
Customers who are eligible for this free change, are those with tickets issued on/before 15 March 2020 for travel between 15 March and 30 April 2020.
SAA will allow for selected routes (including Johannesburg, New York, Washington DC, Frankfurt, Munich and London) and without penalty or change fees.
The free change is also applicable for new bookings for travel planned between 15 March and 30 April 2020.
Rebooking Conditions applicable:
– Must rebook / reissue ticket by 30 April 2020.
– Complete travel by 28 February 2021.
– Rebook same booking class with no additional collection and change fees waived.
– If same booking class is not available, upgrade to lowest applicable booking class. Additional fare collection and taxes will apply, but change fees will be waived.
– One (1) Free change and ticket reissue permitted only.
– Tickets to be endorsed “COVID-19 SA FLT/DATE”.
– Applicable to all fare types.
– Change of cabin will not be permitted.
– Change of routing will not be permitted.
This advisory is applicable to South African Airways flights only and does not apply to Mango, SA Express and Airlink, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines. This TA will apply when Mango, SA Express and Airlink forms part of the itinerary issued on SA (083) ticket stock.